- 1935: J. E. Wannamaker, President of the Board of Trustees of Clemson Agricultural College, dies. (Reference: Reel, Jerome V., The High Seminary, vol. 1: A History of the Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina, 1889-1964, Clemson University Digital Press at the Center for Electronic and Digital Publishing, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2011, ISBN 978-0-9842598-9-2, page 52.)
- 1979: The Union sponsors The Harlequin Street Theatre which performs on the Union Plaza during lunch.
- 1985: Students collect 3,000 signatures on petitions supporting President Bill Atchley after he tenders his resignation on March 1. (Steirer, Jr., William F., "The Outsider: Bill Lee Atchley. 1979-1985", McKale, Donald M., editor, "Tradition: A History of the Presidency of Clemson University", Mercer University Press, Macon, Georgia, 1988, ISBN 0-86554-296-1, page 237.)
- 1986: Final day for President Walter T. Cox in top office, his 249th day in charge of his beloved university. (Wunder, John R., "A Good Sport: Walter Thompson Cox, 1985-1986", McKale, Donald M., editor, "Tradition: A History of the Presidency of Clemson University", Mercer University Press, Macon, Georgia, 1988, ISBN 0-86554-296-1, page 257.)
- 2007: The Clemson University Symphonic Band presents a program of the best of traditional and contemporary music for the band medium, 8 p.m., in the Brooks Center. Free admission.
|March 5||March||March 7|