May 5 in Clemson History
- 1914: John D. Rockefeller pledges $50,000 for construction of a Y.M.C.A. at Clemson Agricultural College, the first building on campus financed by private donations.
- 1949: The Tiger newspaper reported that Tiger Brotherhood selected Mrs. Paul Sloan (Lenora) Rochester, from Salem, S.C., as Clemson's first "mother of the year." She was selected because she had the most sons (six) graduate from Clemson.
- 2007: The Daily Messenger (page 1A, Vol. 103, No. 83) reports this date that Tower Place, a five-story, mixed-use building will be erected on the former site of Small World Travel at 393 College Avenue. College Avenue Development LLC recently received approval from the Clemson Architectural and Review Board to build the $3-$3.5 million project which will feature two small restaurants and an outdoor courtyard on street level, and seven condos on upper floors. Construction is expected to begin in July and work to last about ten months.
- 2008: Mailed copies of the Centennial edition of TAPS reach their recipients.
- 2009: The Clemson Wiki Main Page tallies hit 75,000.
|May 4||May||May 6|