Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1899 - Assistant football coach and instructor in forge and foundry, R.T.V. Bowman dies. Bowman Field is named for him.
- 1970 - The R.L. Bryan Company in Columbia refuses to print The Chronicle's Spring 1970 issue, Vol. X, No. 11, over objections to an "obscene" passage in the text.
- 1973 - Nancy Jacobs Qualls named as first female editor of The Tiger.
- 1974 - Nancy Jacobs Qualls reelected to a second term as editor.
- 1978: Seventeen Democratic candidates seeking statewide office converge on the Clemson campus, sponsored by the Clemson Young Democrats, and speak to a crowd of about 250 students on the Union Plaza. Senate candidate Charles "Pug" Ravenel, and gubernatorial candidates Richard "Dick" Riley and Tom Turnipseed lead off stump speeches.
- 2000 - The Hendrix Center is completed.
- 2001 - Former Football Coach Charlie Pell honored at halftime at the Orange and White game for his part in putting Clemson back on a winning track.