Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1890: P. H. E. Sloan is hired to serve as secretary and treasurer of Clemson Agricultural College for $40 per month.
- 1931: TAPS Ball held.
- 1975: The Clemson Players, in cooperation with the Dionysia Council, present Eugene Ionesco's The Bald Soprano and The Lesson in Daniel Auditorium at 8 p.m., with free admission.
- 1978: Central Spirit holds interviews for the 25 1978-1979 staff positions, 7 p.m - 9 p.m., at the Student Government offices
- 1978: Registration for both summer semesters, as well as first semester 1978-1979.
- 1978: The Clemson Players present Lanford Wilson's Hot l Baltimore, the fourth production of the 1977-1978 season, directed by Chip Egan. Free admission with performances in Daniel Auditorium at 8 p.m., April 17-22, except matinee at 3:30 p.m. on April 20.
- 1979: The Faculty Senate raises questions again about low faculty salaries. President William Steirer, associate professor of history, passes the gavel to newly-elected Horace Fleming, associate professor of political science. The senate acknowledges a letter being sent to President Edwards commending him for removing the Clemson golf team from a tournament being held at a racially segregated club. The letter praises Edwards' initiative and wise judgement.
- 2004: Smash country band Alabama performs in Littlejohn Coliseum.
- 2008: The Clemson Players present Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Brooks Center, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students, $10 for adults.
- April 14-April 18, 2008: la cotidiana, Nancy Rogers Ehlers' MFA Thesis Exhibition, at the Lee Gallery, Department of Art, G-50 Lee Hall. Lunch and Learn on April 16, 1-2 p.m., Artist Reception, April 18, 7-9 p.m. Gallery open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., phone 864-656-0509 for questions, or on the web at www.clemson.edu/caah/leegallery.
- 2009: Cleared For Takeoff plays in the Amphitheatre, 5 p.m., free admission.
- 2010: WSBF-FM presents Spring Festival 2 at Tiger Park, 157 Old Greenville Highway from 2 p.m. from 12 midnight. Multiple bands on two stages, with proceeds going to Clemson Community Care. Art, vendors, food... Admission by donation - cash, clothing, canned food, et cetera.
|April 16||April||April 18|