- Friday, April 3, 1903: Fourth quarter begins.
- 1977: Edwards Hall, under construction since 1975 for the College of Nursing, is dedicated. Completion cost is approximately $2.349 million, including $300,000 of audio-visual equipment. Nursing facilities were previously located in Strode Tower, Daniel Hall, and Martin Hall.
- 1978: Georgia Tech is admitted into the Atlantic Coast Conference, bringing membership back up to eight schools for the first time since 1971, when South Carolina resigned. The Atlanta-based Yellow Jackets had withdrawn from the Southeastern Conference in January of 1964. Ironically, the Clemson-Tech series had just been terminated in 1977 due to Georgia Tech's unwillingness to travel to Clemson. Starting in 1983, the Jackets are required to make the journey by their conference obligations.
- 1980: The Union hosts the "Post Break Blowout" beerbust at East Bank Beach in the afternoon. WSBF broadcasts live by remote from the site.
- 2000: It is announced this date that President Jim Barker, Head Football Coach Tommy Bowden and Head Men's Basketball Coach Larry Shyatt will join other state leaders in a "Charleston-to-Columbia" march organized by Charleston Mayor Joseph P. Riley to encourage removal of the confederate flag from atop the State House. The march began Sunday, April 2, and will conclude on Thursday, April 6. The Clemson contingent will join the march Tuesday morning, April 4, in Columbia. Barker said he decided to participate because virtually every university constituent group, including the Faculty Senate, the Student Senate and the Board of Trustees, has spoken out in favor of removing the flag. The Alumni National Council and the Clemson University Foundation Board of Directors also have endorsed the Board's resolution. "We have a clear consensus from these constituents, and we are participating as their representatives," he said. Also, this date, the President's Honors Colloquium: "The Evolving Maya" by Juan Manuel Vazquez Casanove, 7 p.m., Self Auditorium, Strom Thurmond Institute. This culturist gives an overview of the Mayans' rise to glory, their struggles during the Caste War and the integration of ancient customs and myths into modern life. Free admission.
- 2002: Jeff Baker's walk-off home run breaks a tie and gives the Tigers a 6-4 win over Winthrop, extending their awesome start to the season to 25-1.
- 2006: Fans are invited to Jervey Gym at 9 p.m. for the cheerleaders and Rally Cats pre-nationals exhibition when the teams present their 2006 NCA/NDA Routines, prior to competing in Daytona Beach, Florida on April 6-April 7.
- 2009: Relay for Life held.
- 2016: Clemson takes the series from Pitt 2 games to 1 at DKS with a 4-3 win in Coach Monte Lee's first season at the helm.
|April 2||April||April 4|