- 1902: Patrick Hues Mell elected as Clemson's fourth president.
- 1946: CDA holds "Summer Finals" dances over two-day period. Friday night's affair in the Field House is semi-formal, $2.25 per couple, music by The Jungaleers, under the leadership of "Willie" Whisnant. Dates are quartered in the Physics Building, with city residents, and in some of newly-erected G.I. pre-fab housing.
- 1971: Calhoun Forensic Society holds its organizational meeting at 3:45 p.m. in Daniel Hall room 417.
- 1974: The Union sponsors The Dean Scott Show in the Amphitheatre, a musical impressionist of several famous performers including Elvis, Ray Charles, James Brown, Buddy Holly, Buck Owens and Johnny Cash, among others.
- 2003: In last possible match until 2012 due to Southeast Conference scheduling obligations, traditional rivals, the Georgia Bulldogs (first match with Georgia in 1897), thump the Tigers, 30-0, in Death Valley. Clemson fans are NOT happy!
- 2007: The bridge over the Norfolk Southern rail line on Old Central Road finally reopens, about a month past the target date. The Sleuth cable channel airs "The Midnight Man".
- 2008: Despite the high expectations, a pre-season #9 ranking, and the presence of ESPN Game Day, the Tigers are manhandled by Alabama 34-10, in the Georgia Dome in the Chik-fil-A Kickoff game.
- 2009: Third annual Clemson Familyfest, for all Clemson University faculty and staff and their families, held at the Hendrix Student Center, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., free admission. Participants include Pickens County Library, South Carolina Botanical Garden, Eden Farms, Kool Smiles, CU Fire and Police, Brooks Center for the Performing Arts, American Red Cross, Oconee Medical Center, The Beaded Tiger, musicians, face painting, balloon artist, outdoor activities for chidren, indoor art activities for children, and much more. As a way to give back to our community, we will be collecting nonperishable food items to be donated to a local food bank. This is voluntary and not necessary to attend the event. For information contact Linda Wofford at 864-656-7464. Sponsored by the Office of the President.
|August 29||August||August 31|