Difference between revisions of "Carillon Garden"

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Image:Carillon_gardens2.jpg|frame|The Tillman Bell at the Carillon Garden]]
+
[[Image:Carillon_gardens2.jpg|frame|The Tillman Bell at the Carillon Garden (photo courtesy of Clemson University)]]
 
[[The Carillon Garden]], a gift from the Class of 1947, is an ideal spot to meet with friends, study, or listen to the carillon in nearby Tillman Hall. The garden was dedicated on October 18, 1987, and displays a bell which hung from Tillman's bell tower for 80 years. The Tillman Bell Memorial was dedicated on June 10, 1989, by the Class of 1939 in memory of classmates who gave their lives for the cause of freedom.
 
[[The Carillon Garden]], a gift from the Class of 1947, is an ideal spot to meet with friends, study, or listen to the carillon in nearby Tillman Hall. The garden was dedicated on October 18, 1987, and displays a bell which hung from Tillman's bell tower for 80 years. The Tillman Bell Memorial was dedicated on June 10, 1989, by the Class of 1939 in memory of classmates who gave their lives for the cause of freedom.
  

Revision as of 15:54, 16 March 2005

The Tillman Bell at the Carillon Garden (photo courtesy of Clemson University)

The Carillon Garden, a gift from the Class of 1947, is an ideal spot to meet with friends, study, or listen to the carillon in nearby Tillman Hall. The garden was dedicated on October 18, 1987, and displays a bell which hung from Tillman's bell tower for 80 years. The Tillman Bell Memorial was dedicated on June 10, 1989, by the Class of 1939 in memory of classmates who gave their lives for the cause of freedom.

The memorial lists those faculty members who were awarded the Class of 1939 Award for Excellence, an annual award to distinguished faculty members whose accomplishments go above and beyond the call of duty to the University, the state of South Carolina, and the nation.