Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1974: Conjurist and psychic-debunker The Amazing Randi performs "From Beyond Understanding" in Tillman Auditorium. Clemson University enrollment tops 10,000 for the first time.
- 1978: Southern Railway's train no. 2, the northbound Southern Crescent, derails at dawn at Shipman, Virginia, killing six and injuring sixty.
- 1984: Date on which President Bill Atchley learns of the coaching and drugs scandal. "Atchley was so completely excluded from the administrative handling of the Jaspers affair that he did not learn of the problem until 3 December, when Walter T. Cox, the vice president for student affairs at Clemson, informed him of the investigation, and evidence of the involvement of illegal drugs." (Steirer, Jr., William F., "The Outsider: Bill Lee Atchley. 1979-1985", McKale, Donald M., editor, "Tradition: A History of the Presidency of Clemson University", Mercer University Press, Macon, Georgia, 1988, ISBN 0-86554-296-1, page 236, citing Atchley/Steirer interview, 18 December 1985, the author's conversation with Solicitor William L. Traxler, 18 December 1985; and report of Traxler's on the investigation, 4 January 1985, CU President's papers, Atchley, folder 37, Special Collections.)
- 2005 - Clemson accepts bid to the Champs Sports Bowl (originally the Blockbuster Bowl) to face the University of Colorado in the Tigers first meeting with the Buffaloes since a loss in the 1957 Orange Bowl.
- 2006: Clemson accepts bid to the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl presented by Bridgestone Tires, to be played in Nashville on December 29 versus Kentucky at 1 p.m. This is only the second time the two teams have met, the Tigers defeating the Wildcats, 14-13, in the 1993 Chik-Fil-a Peach Bowl in Atlanta. Women's Basketball plays at No. 12-ranked Vanderbilt, 5 p.m., but the Lady Tigers fall, 63-82. Televised on ESPN-2.
- 2008: The 3rd Annual Clemson Rave is performed on the Cooper Library Bridge. The Clemson Athletic Department holds a press conference at 4 p.m. to announce bowl game tidings. Clemson will face Nebraska in the 64th Annual Konica Minolta Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Florida on January 1, 2009. This is the first meeting between the two schools since the 1981 national championship game.
- December 1, 2008-December 5, 2008: Master of Fine Art Thesis Exhibition - Mother Load, sculpture by Jeanine Garrett, and Mouthful Idol, prints by Claudia Dishon, Lee Gallery, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Lunchtime gallery talk, Wednesday, December 3, 12:15 p.m., with Closing artist reception on Friday, December 5, 6-8 p.m. Call 864-656-3883 or check www.clemson.edu/caah/leegallery for more information.
- 2009: The fourth annual Clemson Rave is held on Library Bridge at 12:19 p.m.
|December 2||December||December 4|