Difference between revisions of "Hardin Hall"

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Line 5: Line 5:
 
Built in 1890 by convict labor and named for President of the [[Agricultural College]], [[Mark Bernard Hardin]], [[Hardin Hall]] is the second oldest building on campus behind [[Tillman Hall]].  Located between [[Brackett Hall]] and [[Olin Hall]], [[Hardin Hall]] houses the [[Philosophy and Religion]], and [[History]] departments.
 
Built in 1890 by convict labor and named for President of the [[Agricultural College]], [[Mark Bernard Hardin]], [[Hardin Hall]] is the second oldest building on campus behind [[Tillman Hall]].  Located between [[Brackett Hall]] and [[Olin Hall]], [[Hardin Hall]] houses the [[Philosophy and Religion]], and [[History]] departments.
  
[[Hardin Hall]] has been renovated several times and was almost destroyed in a fire in 1946.  During the recent restoration, Clemson kept the building's history by preserving much of the exterior brickwork and even returned a classroom to its original appearance. The historic classroom has all hardwood floors, blackboards, and antique wooden desks that have been carefully restored. However, among the arched windows and antique oak bannisters, is one of Clemson's [[Smart Classrooms]], bringing the art of lecturing into the computer-driven 21st century.  [[Hardin Hall]] was reopened in 2003.
+
[[Hardin Hall]] has been renovated several times and was almost destroyed in a fire in 1946.  During the recent restoration, [[Clemson University|Clemson]] kept the building's history by preserving much of the exterior brickwork and even returned a classroom to its original appearance. The historic classroom has all hardwood floors, blackboards, and antique wooden desks that have been carefully restored. However, among the arched windows and antique oak bannisters, is one of Clemson's [[Smart Classrooms]], bringing the art of lecturing into the computer-driven 21st century.  [[Hardin Hall]] was reopened in 2003.
  
 
[[category:Academic Halls]]
 
[[category:Academic Halls]]

Revision as of 19:20, 16 January 2006

Main entrance of Hardin Hall
The back of Hardin Hall from the Cooper Library (photo by Jake Stoudenmire)
Hardin Hall (photo by Jake Stoudenmire)

Built in 1890 by convict labor and named for President of the Agricultural College, Mark Bernard Hardin, Hardin Hall is the second oldest building on campus behind Tillman Hall. Located between Brackett Hall and Olin Hall, Hardin Hall houses the Philosophy and Religion, and History departments.

Hardin Hall has been renovated several times and was almost destroyed in a fire in 1946. During the recent restoration, Clemson kept the building's history by preserving much of the exterior brickwork and even returned a classroom to its original appearance. The historic classroom has all hardwood floors, blackboards, and antique wooden desks that have been carefully restored. However, among the arched windows and antique oak bannisters, is one of Clemson's Smart Classrooms, bringing the art of lecturing into the computer-driven 21st century. Hardin Hall was reopened in 2003.