Revision as of 01:14, 11 June 2019 by Thehick
- 1974: The Midnight Man is released in New York City, New York.
- 1978: "You're the One That I Want" by John Travolta and Olivia Newton John, tops the song charts. Ah, the summer of the film "Grease".
- 1989: The Carillon Garden is dedicated.
- 2006: The University Police Department reports that a black bear was spotted in the early morning on campus near the Strom Thurmond Institute and the Brooks Center.
2006: With a 6-5 win, the Tigers complete the sweep of Oral Roberts in the Super Regional at DKS and head to the College World Series.
- 2008: Panel discussion: New Play Development - as part of WordBRIDGE, a panel discussion on the development of new plays in the United States is planned. The panel includes nationally recognized theatre practitioners, among them David Kranes, J. Ranelli, Richard Rice and David White. The WordBRIDGE Playwrights Laboratory offers patrons a chance to interact with a unique playwriting lab, where a variety of nationally selected writers work in a creative environment to develop their work and present to the public a variety of staged-readings, workshops and lectures. Brooks Center, 4:30-5:30 p.m., free, sponsored by the Department of Performing Arts. Contact: Mark Charney, firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-656-5415.
|June 9||June||June 11|