Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 02:42, 28 August 2009 by C. Mark Sublette (1973 - Alice Cooper, A Brand New Show, Flo & Eddie in concert in Littlejohn)
- St. Patrick's Day!
- 1875: The town of Central, South Carolina is incorporated, according to an Act of the South Carolina Legislature.
- 1973: Central Dance Association presents Alice Cooper in Littlejohn Coliseum at 8 p.m. Opening acts are A Brand New Show and Flo and Eddie. Advance tickets are $5.25, and $6.25 for the floor, and $6.25 at the door.
- 1977: Progressive art rock band Emerson, Lake & Palmer releases double album "Works Volume 1", and epic 13:19 song "Pirates" gets sustained airplay on WSBF.
- 1978: The Buzzard is published as a twenty-page edition. Done tabloid style as The National Buzzard, the front page teaser headlines are: "What Really Went Down At The Computer Center", "Special Rest-of-the Year Calendar of Campus Beauties", "Bigfoot Captured By Boring", "Homedumping Queen Attacked By Soccer Player", and "Pizza King, Hotdog Named All-ACC Dinner". Spring break begins after classes.
- 2006 - Dr. Edward Grandpre, assistant professor of Educational Leadership, dies at his home after a short illness.
|March 16||March||March 18|