Jump to navigation Jump to search
- St. Patrick's Day!
- 1875: The town of Central, South Carolina is incorporated, according to an Act of the South Carolina Legislature.
- 1973: Central Dance Association presents Alice Cooper in Littlejohn Coliseum at 8 p.m. Opening acts are A Brand New Show and Flo and Eddie. Advance tickets are $5.25, and $6.25 for the floor, and $6.25 at the door.
- 1977: Progressive art rock band Emerson, Lake & Palmer releases double album "Works Volume 1", and epic 13:19 song "Pirates" gets sustained airplay on WSBF.
- 1978: The Buzzard is published as a twenty-page edition. Done tabloid style as The National Buzzard, the front page teaser headlines are: "What Really Went Down At The Computer Center", "Special Rest-of-the Year Calendar of Campus Beauties", "Bigfoot Captured By Boring", "Homedumping Queen Attacked By Soccer Player", and "Pizza King, Hotdog Named All-ACC Dinner". Spring break begins after classes.
- 2006 - Dr. Edward Grandpre, assistant professor of Educational Leadership, dies at his home after a short illness.
- March 16, 2009-March 20, 2009: Temporary lane closures will occur on Tiger Boulevard as new decorative crosswalks are installed at the intersection with College Avenue. These improvements are part of the Tiger Boulevard Streetscape Enhancement Project. Further information may be obtained by contacting Andy Blondeau at 864-653-2072, or checking the city's website at http://www.cityofclemson.org.
|March 16||March||March 18|