Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1926: Old Mechanical Hall, which has housed Engineering since the college's earliest days, burns. The roof over the machine shop caught fire, which spread to the rest of the structure. Fire fighters from Anderson, Greenville and Easley contain the blaze and save nearby structures. (Riley, Helene M., "Clemson University", Arcadia Publishing, Charleston, South Carolina, 2002, Library of Congress card number 2002108889, ISBN 0-7385-1470-5, page 60.)
- 2006: Clemson beats Georgia Tech to advance to the finals of the ACC Baseball Tournament where they will face NC State.
- 2006: Pickens County Coroner James Mahanes reports that an autopsy performed this date on Tiffany Marie Souers, 20, of Ladue, Missouri, reveals that she was strangled. Her body was discovered by her her roommate at their Central apartment the previous day.
- 2008: Clemson Alumni Association coordinator Aric Smarra announces that the drive to secure Clemson paw license plates in Virginia has succeeded, with the minimum 350 applications now in hand.
- 2010: A fire, discovered around 7 a.m., gutted the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity house at 113 Calhoun Street in the original Calhoun section of Clemson. Fire equipment from Clemson, Central and Corinth-Shiloh responded to the blaze which still continued at 9 a.m. Three students escaped the burning structure, and three others had already left for the morning. There were no injuries. However the old railroad hotel-turned frat house is essentially destroyed. Media from The Journal, the Greenville News, the Anderson Independent, Clemson University, Fox-Carolina, WYFF-4, WSPA-7 have all responded for coverage of the blaze. By late afternoon, the fire department was still washing down hot spots in the rear wing addition that was added to the house in 1983.
- For anyone that wants to make a donation to the AGR Fire Relief Fund, it can be send to :
- Alpha Gamma Rho
- P.O. Box 1908
- Clemson, SC 29633
- Make checks to Alpha Gamma Rho with relief fund in the memo line.
- Donations are also being accepted online at http://www.agrclemson.com.
|May 26||May||May 28|