Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:35, 11 December 2007 by C. Mark Sublette (1890 - Professor Mark Bernard Hardin arrives from VMI)
- 1890: Major Mark Bernard Hardin arrives at Clemson from Virginia Military Institute to serve as the school's first Professor of Chemistry.
- 1893: The railroad depot at Calhoun is completed.
- 1897 Volume One, Number One of the Clemson College Chronicle is published by the Calhoun, Columbian and Palmetto Literary Societies of Clemson Agricultural College. First editor-in-chief is Arthur Buist Bryan. Page 36 states that "[w]e have in college at present about 260 cadets, of which number about 60 are 'rats'."
- 1970: The Clemson Aero Club battles with FBO operator Reid Garrison at the Clemson-Oconee Airport for access to the field.
- 2006: A new chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest and most prestigious honor society, is established at Clemson, after a seven-year campaign by President James Barker. One of six new chapters, PBK was founded at the College of William and Mary in 1776.
|September||Months of the Year||November|