Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 23:46, 1 April 2008 by C. Mark Sublette (1861 - Mark Bernard Hardin appointed Major of Artillery)
- 1861: Future Clemson President Mark Bernard Hardin is appointed Major of Artillery, in the active volunteer forces of Virginia, and assigned to duty at Craney Island, where he will remain until the evacuation of Norfolk, on May 10, 1862.
- 1890: Major Mark Bernard Hardin arrives at Clemson from Virginia Military Institute to serve as the school's first Professor of Chemistry.
- 1893: The railroad depot at Calhoun is completed.
- 1897 Volume One, Number One of the Clemson College Chronicle is published by the Calhoun, Columbian and Palmetto Literary Societies of Clemson Agricultural College. First editor-in-chief is Arthur Buist Bryan. Page 36 states that "[w]e have in college at present about 260 cadets, of which number about 60 are 'rats'."
- 1970: The Clemson Aero Club battles with FBO operator Reid Garrison at the Clemson-Oconee Airport for access to the field.
- 2006: A new chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the nation's oldest and most prestigious honor society, is established at Clemson, after a seven-year campaign by President James Barker. One of six new chapters, PBK was founded at the College of William and Mary in 1776.
|September||Months of the Year||November|