Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:22, 4 October 2006 by C. Mark Sublette (1945 - Clemson defeats NAS Pensacola, 7-6, in Death Valley)
October 13 in Clemson History
- 1906: Clemson and Virginia Tech battle to scoreless tie on Bowman Field, putting the series record at 1-1-1.
- 1917: Clemson defeats Furman in Greenville, 38-0, and Tiger player Stumpy Banks scores five touchdowns, a record that stands today.
- 1922: The Tigers blank Presbyterian College, 13-0, in third Clemson home game of the year.
- 1933: Clemson plays its first night game, against the George Washington University in the Nation's Capital, the first time the squads meet. The Tigers battle the Colonials to a scoreless tie.
- 1945: Clemson defeats team from Naval Air Station Pensacola, 7-6, in last match-up with a wartime training program squad, in a game played in Memorial Stadium.
|October 12||October||October 14|