Difference between revisions of "Robert Muldrow Cooper Library"

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Image:Cooper-library-night.jpg|frame|Cooper Library at night (image courtesy Clemson University)]]
+
[[Image:Library toward fountain.jpg|thumb|The Cooper Library and reflection pond]]
 
[[Cooper Library]] is Clemson University's main library, located at the center of campus, and is named for [[Robert Muldrow Cooper]].  Cooper Library's 6 levels house more than 1.5 million items, including books, periodicals, and microfilm.  The Library faces the [[Reflection pond]].
 
[[Cooper Library]] is Clemson University's main library, located at the center of campus, and is named for [[Robert Muldrow Cooper]].  Cooper Library's 6 levels house more than 1.5 million items, including books, periodicals, and microfilm.  The Library faces the [[Reflection pond]].
  

Revision as of 06:49, 18 March 2005

The Cooper Library and reflection pond

Cooper Library is Clemson University's main library, located at the center of campus, and is named for Robert Muldrow Cooper. Cooper Library's 6 levels house more than 1.5 million items, including books, periodicals, and microfilm. The Library faces the Reflection pond.

History

In 1959 the Clemson Board of Trustees decided that Clemson University needed a new library to replace the old library located at Sikes Hall. Groundbreaking took place in August 1964, and the library was officially opened by the end of August 1966, just in time for the start of that fall's classes.

The Library was originally designed for only 4 levels, expandable as needed. In 1972 the ground floor was opened for more room, and in 1978 Level 6 was added.

External Links