Alpha Phi Omega
The Gamma Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega was founded at Clemson University (then Clemson College) on October 6, 1940 in Holtzendorff Hall. Since that time, this service organization has done many things to improve the campus, community, and region. Two mainstay Clemson programs, the CatBus System and the Textbook Buyback Program, had their origins in projects conceived and implemented by the brothers of Alpha Phi Omega. Gamma Lambda provides service to Clemson Community Care, the Blue Ridge Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Wilderness Way Girl's Camp, Relay for Life, the National Marrow Donor Program, the Salvation Army, the Adopt-A-Highway Program, Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority, Clemson Child Development Center, Daughter's of the American Revolution Tamassee School, and local nursing homes in addition to the three blood centers involved in the Clemson-USC Blood Drive.
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,608th article.