Jump to navigation Jump to search
August 14 in Clemson History
Events on August 14 in Clemson's History
- 1838: Major Mark Bernard Hardin, C.S.A., Clemson's first Professor of Chemistry, is born in Alexandria, Virginia.
- 1873: The auction sale of lots in the newly laid out community of Seneca City commences this date. (Keowee Courier, Walhalla, South Carolina, 25 July 1873)
- 1883: Thomas Green Clemson executes the final draft of his last will and testament that establishes the provisions for the creation of what will become the Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina.
- 1940: Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative is organized on this date. The cooperative starts operations with 1,680 customers inherited from the old South Carolina Rural Electrification Authority. At the time Blue Ridge was established, only 2 percent of South Carolina farms had central-station power, verses 100 percent today.
- August 13-August 18, 1951: Farmers' Week Exhibition held on Bowman Field.
|August 13||August||August 15|