- August 13-August 18, 1951: Farmers' Week Exhibition held on Bowman Field.
- 1967: Matriculation continues at Tillman Hall from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, August 18. Dorm hall meetings will be conducted at 9:30 p.m. with hall supervisors meeting residents. Dormitory regulations are discussed. (The Tiger, "Orientation - Long Lines And Even Longer Hours", 7 August 1967, Volume LXI, Number 1, page 1.) The annual President's picnic for freshmen held on the lawn of the president's mansion at 6 p.m. President Edwards and Student Body President Edgar McGee greet the new students. The Chavelles provide music for dancing on the lawn and in the street. Other entertainment includes the Clemson University Glee Club, Tiger Band majorettes Dynva Edens, Margaret Kirkland and Kay Knoy, banjo picker Bob Isenhower, and others. (The Tiger, "New Social Activities To Welcome Freshmen", 7 August 1967, Volume LXI, Number 1, page 1.)
- August 18, 1967-August 19, 1967: For the first time, "splash parties" are held at the YMCA Recreation Area on Lake Hartwell at 2 p.m., with boating and other activities planned. (The Tiger, "New Social Activities To Welcome Freshmen", 7 August 1967, Volume LXI, Number 1, page 1.)
- 1975: The planned repainting of the paws project by Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity is cancelled after publicity back-fires, state highway department forced to adhere to laws as written which forbid such activity on state roads, even if Highway Commissioner and Clemson grad Silas Pearman (1955) is actually sympathetic. Previously they had "looked the other way." Paws on campus are renewed, however.
- 2002: The clock in the Tillman Hall tower is currently not displaying the correct time due to a mechanical breakdown. A new mechanism has been ordered from the clockworks manufacturer. The University's facilities department anticipate the repairs will be completed in about two weeks.
- 2006: Clemson University rises to 30th in the nation in the U.S. News & World Report annual rankings, announced this date.
- 2006: Clemson's football team is ranked 18th in the nation in the Associated Press poll released this date.
- 2007: In the Associated Press preseason poll, Clemson only tallies enough votes to be ranked 41st.
|August 17||August||August 19|