Central Dance Association
"The Central Dance Association of Clemson College was organized in the fall of 1932 for the purpose of furthering the welfare of dances on the campus," states the 1935 edition of TAPS, the Clemson annual. Composed of twelve members - nine seniors and three juniors - CDA "conducts and supervises every dance held on the campus. The dances are conducted on a nonprofiteering basis. The accounts of all expenditures and receipts are kept by the treasurer and are accessible to any cadet who wishes to consult them."
With changing musical trends, the CDA will evolve into promoting rock concerts on campus in the late 1960s and 1970s, but the organization eventually runs into financial trouble in the late 1970s and has to cede its self-governing status when it joins the University Union and is renamed the Central Dance and Concert Committee (CDCC).