Class of '39 Caboose

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Class of '39 Caboose is a piece of former Southern Railway rolling stock that is permanently located on a short section of track in the South Carolina Botanical Garden on the campus of Clemson University. Built in 1947 and given the road number X3164, this caboose operated in end-of-train duties until it was retired and donated and dedicated to Marguerite B. Senn by the Southern Railway in 1973.

It is of a bay window design that was used by the majority of Southern Railway "cabin cars", as cabooses were called on the SOU.