Clemson Agricultural College

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina was opened in 1893 with 446 students and 15 faculty. Henry Aubrey Strode served as the first President of the College. In December 1896 the first class graduated, 15 in agricultural courses and 22 in engineering courses.

It was initially addressed as Post Office, Fort Hill, S. C., with freight, express and telegraph office at Calhoun, S.C.

In 1964 the College was renamed Clemson University.