The Clemson Corps is a program to support the training of our future military leaders at Clemson University.
Established in 1999, the endowment has given out 352 Clemson Corps Scholarships as of September 2007. The ROTC units' ability to offer scholarships allows our Army and Air Force units to attract the finest students this nation has to offer. In the 2006-2007 school year, 37 percent of the Air Force Cadet Corps and 29 percent of the Army Cadet Corps were on Clemson Corps Scholarships.
- Pershing Rifles retained their National Championship trophy - our unit, Company C-4, has won the national championship five out of the last seven years.
- Air Force ROTC accomplishments include:
- - The Air Force ROTC Right of Line Award - the number one medium-sized detachment in the country;
- - The Air Force ROTC High Flight Award - the number one medium-sized unit in the Southeast Region;
- - The Air Force Association Outstanding AFROTC unit in South Carolina for the third consecutive year.
To learn more about AFROTC Detachment 770 go to http://virtual.clemson.edu/groups/afrotc/.
- Army ROTC accomplishments include:
- - Of 19 graduates, five seniors were designated distinguished military graduates. Of these, two seniors were ranked in the top 10 percent in the nation.
- - Cadet Patrick Forrester won the General George C. Marshall Award presented annually to the most outstanding cadet in the Army ROTC program.
- - Cadet Abigail Ford won the American Military Engineers Award presented annually to outstanding military engineering students.
- Tiger Platoon continues participating in the "Cocky Burn" prior to the annual Clemson - USC football game. Additionally, they maintain significant campus presence by posting the nation's colors at campus events including a Dining In, baseball games, and graduations.
Donors to the endowment receive invitations to the Fall Reception before the annual Military Appreciation Day football game (game tickets not supplied) and the annual Spring Luncheon.
The current scholarship committee chairman is Edward B. De Iulio, Col, USAF (Ret).
- The Clemson Corps
- Clemson University
- P.O. Box 1889
- Clemson, S.C. 29633-1889
- FAX : 864-656-5899
Source: Letter to Clemson Corps donors, September 2007.
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,108th article.