Daniel Hall is a classroom building named for David Wistar Daniel, professor of English, 1898-1947. The building was completed in 1968 and is now home to classes in a wide variety of subject areas (English, foreign language, mathematics, chemistry, speech, history, etc.) There is one main auditorium and 5 floors of classrooms. The latest addition was completed in spring 2004 - a new speech and communications lab. This building was built prior to a large number of female students attending the university, thus there are female bathrooms located only on every other floor. The building is connected to Strode Tower and Kinard Laboratory of Physics in the middle of campus.