Jump to navigation Jump to search
February 14 in Clemson History
Events on February 14 in Clemson's History
- February 14, 1973-February 17, 1973: The Clemson Little Theatre presents Howard Richardson's Dark of the Moon, based on the legend of Barbara Allen and dealing with the superstitions of mountain people, in the Food Industries Auditorium at 8 p.m. Admission is $2 for adults, 50 cents for students, but free with a student i.d. for the Thursday night performance. (Walser, Marilyn, Strange theatrical experience, The Tiger, Friday 16 February 1973, Volume LXVI, Number 19, page 7.)
- 1978: A housing office memorandum is sent to the P-Plant for a cost estimate of upgrades needed in Johnstone A-section to house female students.
- 1979: Central Spirit sponsors "Pass The Bucks" for the R.C. Edwards Endowment Fund reception in the Old Gym of Fike Fieldhouse at 6 p.m., before the men's basketball game with Virginia.
- 1980: Melissa Pryor, representing Mu Beta Psi, the campus music honor fraternity, is crowned the new Miss Clemson University.
- 1987: The Union sponsors a Valentine's Day hayride, 7:30 p.m., $2.50. (CUU Entertainment Spotlight, The Tiger, Friday 30 January 1987, Volume 80, Number 16, page 14.)
- 1995: After coaching the Clemson wrestling team for three years, Coach Gil Sanchez resigns as his team suffers a slump in which they win no ACC matches. The Tigers, currently 4-13, have only three matches left on the schedule, including the ACC Tournament. "During his tenure, the Tigers experienced two of the most successful seasons in Clemson wrestling history. In 1993, the Tigers produced three ACC Champions, an All-American and an NCAA Champion. They also finished 13th in the nation with a 13-9-1 record. In 1994, Clemson had its best finish ever, finishing seventh in the nation with a 14-6 record." Said Sanchez, "I have enjoyed my time at Clemson University, but I have some other opportunities professionally that have been afforded me. I feel it is time for me to pursue them. I would like to thank the Clemson family for giving me the opportunity to serve them as their head wrestling coach." (Ebner, Billy, staff writer, "Clemson wrestling coach resigns", The Tiger, Friday 17 February 1995, Volume 88, Number 24, page 7A.) Clemson observes their 6th annual National Condom Day. (Tabbot, Kristen, staff writer, "National Condom Week observed", The Tiger, Friday 17 February 1995, Volume 88, Number 24, page 3A.) February 13 - February 17 is National Condom Week this year.
- 2010: The WSBF full staff is divided into four teams for intra-station competition. The Pimpin' Purple Pirate Parrot team is bound to prevail due to their expertise and seniority!
|February 13||February||February 15|