Geer Hall

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Geer Hall is the northwest most of the Shoeboxes residence halls on the West Campus of Clemson University. It was completed in 1966. The architects were Freeman, Wells, & Major. It is named for Bennette Eugene Geer, a member of the Clemson Board of Trustees from 1922 to 1928, and president of Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, from 1933 to 1938. The four-story masonry building includes double-occupied rooms with a communal bath and lounge on each floor. A communal laundry room is located on the first floor, and a kichen on the basement level. Each dormitory room has its own lavatory sink, and the majority of the building features terrazzo flooring. Geer and Sanders hall are the newest of the Shoebox buildings, and are almost identical to the other three buildings, aside from the slightly different window arrangement on their exteriors.

This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,639th article.