- 1865: Augustus Schilletter born. (http://files.usgwarchives.net/sc/oconee/cemeteries/c243a.txt)
- 1909: Frank Howard born in Barlow Bend, Alabama.
- 1914: Robert Cook Edwards born in Fountain Inn, South Carolina, the son of John T. and Effie Cook Edwards.
- 1957: The Dave Brubeck Quartet performs in the college chapel (Tillman Auditorium) at 8 p.m., sponsored by the Central Dance Association, the first appearance by the artist in South Carolina. Admission is $2 at the door. (The Tiger, "Dave Brubeck Quartet To Give Concert Here", Thursday 7 March 1957, page 3.)
- 1970: Dean of Admissions and Registrations Kenneth N. Vickery announces that Saturday classes for undergraduate students will be abolished next semester. (The Tiger, "Saturday Classes End", Friday 27 March 1970, Volume LXIII, Number 24, page 1.)
- 1980: President Bill Atchley speaks in Daniel Auditorium as third speaker in Liberals Arts series.
- 2006: President Emiritus Robert C. Edwards turns 92.
- This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,001st article.
|March 24||March||March 26|