Margaret Marie Snider
Margaret Marie Snider was the first woman to graduate from Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina, on June 2, 1957. She transferred from Anderson College in January 1955, and studied chemistry.
A historic marker was placed in front of Brackett Hall, in which the Chemistry Department was located in the 1950s, on the fiftieth anniversary of Snider's matriculation at Clemson. The marker is at the intersection of Calhoun Drive and Fort Hill Street.