Newman Hall

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
The main entrance to Newman Hall.

Newman Hall was completed in 1959 and is named for Charles Carter Newman, the first Clemson student to receive a Clemson diploma (1895), and his father, J. S. Newman, Clemson's first Professor of Agriculture. He served as the department head for horticulture for 56 years (1896-1952). The building houses research on food processing for horticultural crops and contains freezer-lockers for meat research.

For many years, Newman Hall was the sales site for Clemson's homemade ice cream and signature blue cheese.

The building is located adjacent to McAdams Hall and Poole Agricultural Center.