November 10 in Clemson History
- 1897: Clemson, in Orange and Blue, defeats the South Carolina College for the first time, 20-6, evening the record at 1-1, in a game played on Thursday during the State Fair in Columbia. The Tigers' season record is 2-2. SCC's final record is 0-3. The Chronicle puts the number of spectators at 2,000 (November 1897, V. 1, N. 2, page 35).
- 1899: The Clemson football association stands on a very weak financial basis. The organization cannot even afford to hire a coach. W.M. Riggs agrees to coach the Tigers for free, becoming the first Tiger coach to return to the job.
- 1900: Clemson secures first win against Georgia, 39-5, playing in Athens. Clemson's previous three losses were also road games. Georgia leads the series, 3-1.
- 1906: Clemson beats Auburn, 6-4, on Bowman Field, with the series standing at 3-2 in Auburn's favor.
- 1909: Clemson defeats Georgia, 5-0, in game played in Augusta. Clemson leads series, 8-5, and Georgia will suffer a 1-4-2 season.
- 1910: Clemson and Georgia battle to a 0-0 tie in a match played in Augusta. Series record stands at 8-5-1.
- 1921: Clemson ties The Citadel, 7-7, in a game played in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- 1930: Bebe Daniels stars in "Dixiana", a musical comedy released August 1, 1930 by Radio Pictures, shown in the YMCA Auditorium. Admission is 25 cents.
- 1960: Freshman begin beating the "Beat Carolina" drum at noon.
- 1962: Clemson plays Furman in Sirrine Stadium in Greenville, winning, 44-3. This will be the last time that the Tigers travel to Greenville for a Furman game.
- 1978: Midnight pep rally before North Carolina game. Earlier in the evening, a hayride sponsored by Alpha Gamma Rho had collided with a car at Shiloh Road and the Beltline in Seneca after the truck suffered brake failure. The vehicle spun around and overturned, injuring 28, two seriously.
- 1984: Fans in Death Valley for the game with Virginia Tech find 80,000 colored flashcards taped to their seats, as well as 22,000 balloons in arches across Frank Howard Field at five yard intervals as part of the first ever Spirit Blitz. Dubbed "Tunnelvision", the twenty long strings are released into the sky. The Tigers defeat the Hokies, 17-10.
- 2006: Clemson Baseball hosts a reunion weekend with a golf tournament at the Boscobel Golf Club at 9 a.m., followed by an autograph session for fans at Doug Kingsmore Stadium and the Clemson Tiger Baseball Alumni Game. A dinner for all baseball alumni players, coaches, managers, trainers, and their families will follow the game. The women's basketball team hosts Arkansas in Littlejohn Coliseum, but loses, 69-75. The men's basketball team faces Arkansas State in Norfolk, Virginia at 9 p.m. in the Cox Communications Classic. The Tigers win, 83-44.
- 2007: Clemson defeats Wake Forest, 44-10, in Death Valley, the first ever sell-out for a Demon Deacons appearance in Memorial Stadium. With Maryland upsetting Boston College, 42-34, in Byrd Stadium, evening the Eagles with the Tigers at two division losses, the Tigers' fate is in their own hands on November 17. But it will not come to pass, dammit!
- 2008: The Clemson Wiki Main Page tallies hit 62,000.
|November 9||November||November 11|