Tom and Jerry

From ClemsonWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Tom and Jerry are the nicknames for the two bronze 19th century field guns mounted above Bowman Field. They were installed in October 1951 after being stored for several years in the basement of the Shop Building on campus, and were given their nicknames by the Class of 1952. Both weapons are six-pounders, that is, the shot they fire weighs six pounds, but both brass barrels weigh over 800 pounds each.

Pershing Rifles[edit]

The pledges of Company C-4, Pershing Rifles, have to guard the cannon for approximately one week, 24 hours a day, in what is creatively known as "Cannon Week". They are also required to shine the guns, and at the conclusion of the week the commander of the company will shave using the reflection from the barrels.

This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,446th article.