Vickery Hall is the student-athlete building on campus. It is located in the Horseshoe on the east side of campus. It is named for Dean Kenneth Vickery, class of 1938, registrar and dean 1955-1982, and president of the Atlantic Coast Conference, 1976-1977. The building was completed in 1991 and hosts some lectures in its auditorium as well as the offices of all academic support associated with student-athletes. It is also the location of NCAA-mandated athlete study halls.