Wannamaker Hall is a 1930s-era residence hall that was originally named Barracks No. 7. It is the northwesterly-most of the five halls that make up the Greek Quad on the West Campus of Clemson University. The building's back side faces Historic Riggs Field.
Completed in 1936 as a new barracks to house cadets of Clemson Agricultural College of South Carolina, the architect was the J. E. Sirrine Company, with Clemson professor Rudolph E. Lee as consulting architect. A complete renovation of Wannamaker Hall was undertaken in 2005, with Hanbury Evans Wright Vlattas, architects.
The structure is named for John Edward Wannamaker, a Life Trustee of Clemson Agricultural College, and the last surviving member of the Board of Trustees named in the will of Thomas Green Clemson. In 1929, he was elected President of the Board, replacing the recently deceased Alan Johnstone of Newberry, South Carolina.
- This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,684th article.