- 1902: The faculty senate meets again to consider a petition signed by most of the sophomore class to reinstate cadet Thornwell, charged with misappropriating lab equipment, arguing that the punishment does not fit the infraction, and, further, that Thornwell's conduct had been common practice for years. The senate refuses to reinstate him, however, and adjourns without allowing any further statements by the sophomores. That evening, the sophomore class apparently seeks out President Hartzog, and asks his permission to leave campus to present their petition to Board of Trustees Chairman Richard W. Simpson in near-by Pendleton. Hartzog refuses, and says that he will present their plea to Simpson. Not trusting the president to properly represent their views, the sophomore class packs its bags and prepares to leave Clemson the following day. This will be the first of five major student walk-outs, for a variety of reasons.
- 1940: Clemson Life Trustee and former United States Senator A. Frank Lever dies at "Seven Oaks" in Lexington County, South Carolina.
- 1980 - Exams begin. Tommy Caldwell, bassist for Spartanburg-based Marshall Tucker Band, succumbs to injuries sustained almost a week earlier when his Jeep hit an improperly parked vehicle. Clemson Marshall Tucker fans mourn.
- 2007: Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams ties Banks McFadden for highest pick for a Tiger football player in the NFL draft when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select him fourth in the first round. The Clemson Little Theatre presents The Spitfire Grill at 8 p.m.
- April 28-May 2, 2002: Mutually Exclusive, Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibit, featuring works by Bora Leiby, Seff Mazyck, Christopher Johnston, Martin Manning and Meg Barron, at the Lee Gallery, Department of Art, G-50 Lee Hall. Artist's Reception, April 28, 5-7 p.m. Gallery open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., phone 864-656-0509 for questions, or on the web at www.clemson.edu/caah/leegallery.
- 2009: The Tiger Band Unhymnal is submitted to Special Collections at the Strom Thurmond Institute.
 Selected Anniversary
|April 27||April||April 29|