- 1862: Mark Bernard Hardin is appointed Major of Artillery in the Provisional Army of the Confederate States, and assigned to duty as Commander of the 18th Virginia Battalion of Heavy Artillery, in the defences of Richmond. He continues in this capacity, being in charge of a considerable portion of the line, until the evacuation of Richmond.
- 1872: John Edward Wannamaker, future member of the Clemson Board of Trustees, graduates from Wofford College.
- 1875: William S. Morrison graduates from Wofford College, with honors. (The Oconeean 1904, Volume Two, page 15.)
- 1886: Thomas Green Clemson is given an honorary degree from the South Carolina College.
- 1895: Clemson's first graduate, Charles Carter Newman, son of J. S. Newman, the college's first professor of agriculture, receives his degree. He had already completed his sophomore year of studies at Auburn where his father had taught before coming to Clemson. (Bryan, Wright, "Clemson: An Informal History of the University 1889-1979", The R. L. Bryan Company, Columbia, South Carolina, 1979, ISBN 0-934870-01-2, page 51.)
- 1902: After twice tendering his resignation, President Henry Simms Hartzog departs Clemson for the University of Arkansas. Widespread drinking is reported at the June commencement, a fall-out of low morale on campus following the first-ever student walk-out, in April and May.
- 1903: Alonzo Sheck Shealy, who entered Iowa State College at Amer, March 1900, after graduation from Clemson, receives his degree as Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- 1909: Clemson College was reported to be considering building an electric railway from Calhoun, the location of the Southern Railway depot, through Clemson to Cherry Station on the Blue Ridge Railroad in a June 1909 newsbrief appearing in the Electric Railway Journal. Walter Merritt Riggs wrote a rebuttal for the next issue which declared that the trustees had considered the idea, but had agreed that it was not practical. Considering the size of the town involved (Cherry Station, at best, had four nearby families), the line would have seen reasonable use only when the college semesters began and ended. (Source: Palmetto Traction - Electric Railways of South Carolina by Thomas Fetters, 1978, Forty Fort, Pennsylvania, no ISBN. - Fetters is Class of 1961, with a BS in Chemical Engineering.)
- 1912: President Walter Merritt Riggs informs Senator and Trustee Benjamin Tillman that dining steward August "Shorty" Schilletter "must have knocked down between five and eight thousand dollars a year". At this time, Riggs' salary is $3,500 per annum.
- 1913: Clemson College awards its 1,000th degree.
- 1915: "At the annual meeting of the Alumni Association in June, the Tiger was unanimously made the official organ of the Alumni Association. We want every old Clemson man to keep in touch with the college and know what is being done. Subscribe to the Tiger and you will know all the news around the college. We need your help, without it, the paper can not be made what it should be." (The Tiger, 21 September 1915, Volume XI, Number 1, page 2.)
- 1919: Month through which the operation of the Students' Army Training Corps was envisioned, but with quick end to the Great War on November 11, 1918, only five and half weeks after the S. A. T. C. was begun, all members of the military training program are mustered out by December 20.
- 1933: U.S. Highway 29, the "Main Street of the South", is completed between Washington and New Orleans, and passes through Anderson.
- 1938: Hans Albert Einstein, who first came to the United States seeking work and a place to live in 1937, returning to Switzerland in January 1938, returns to the U.S. this month, continuously staying with his family from this point. He worked as a research engineer at the Agricultural Experiment Station in Clemson, South Carolina. http://www.einstein-website.de/biographies/einsteinhansalbert_content.html
- 1965: Herman McGee, Clemson sports trainer, is recognized by the National Athletic Trainers Association for "twenty five or more years of meritorious services in the field of athletic training."
- 2006: Work begins on a new transmission tower to replace the WSBF antenna that failed after a lightning strike in December 2005.
- 2009: First Citizens Bank relocates from its original building in Lakeview Plaza on Tiger Boulevard to a newly-constructed facility on the southeast corner of the Old Greenville Highway and US 76.