- 1913: The Clemson College Rifle Club has a meet with Maine.
- 1946: Erskine plays Clemson in baseball at Clemson
- 1980: 14th Annual Dixie Day held on the soccer field near Death Valley after being summarily evicted from Riggs Field. President Gerald Ford signs Proclamation 4360, Terminating Registration Procedures Under Military Selective Service Act, eliminating the registration requirement for all 18-25 year old male citizens.
- 1989: A grassroots letter-writing campaign is initiated to convince the City of Clemson that the loss of the institution of the Tiger Town Tavern is not in the community's best interest. Within three weeks, the city will be inundated with responses from loyal Clemson T3 patrons and fans, and the city quietly folds the tent on its attempt to gain control of the Tiger Town property. The city never gives a count of how many responses they received. Suffice it to say, it was more than THEY had anticipated!
- 2007: The Boni Belle Brooks Series presents the musical Wonderful Town in the Brooks Center at 8 p.m. All tickets $30. The Clemson men's basketball team faces West Virginia in the NIT final at 7 p.m. EDT on ESPN. The Mountaineer's Frank Young scores 24 points as West Virginia captures the 70th annual NIT championship with a 78-73 victory over Clemson at Madison Square Garden.
- 2010: A section of Old Clemson Highway will be closed April 1-18 while a maintenance crew stabilizes the abutment where a recent rock slide revealed a potential hazard to motorists. The section of Old Clemson Highway to be closed is directly off U.S. 123 between Bloom market and Palms convenience store. Traffic to and from Bayshore, Stillwater and beyond will be temporarily routed along S.C. 130 (Rochester Highway) and U.S. 123. The S.C. Department of Transportation will use local maintenance crews to secure this area. Work will continue during the weekend to accelerate completion in advance of the April 18 end-date. Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
- For additional information, contact:
- Mike Smith
- SCDOT Assistant Resident Maintenance Engineer
|March 28||March||March 30|