- December 27: Clemson faces Kentucky in the Gaylord Hotels Music Bowl in Nashville, Tennessee.
- January 19: WSBF-FM holds drop-in and open house, 8 - 10 p.m., 3rd level of the Hendrix Center.
- January 23: ESPN's College Game Day comes to Littlejohn Coliseum for the first time ever. The record basketball attendence for this broadcast is 5,000, so Coach Oliver Purnell urges all Tiger fans to turn out for this event. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
- February 9: Collective Consciousness, in conjunction with Amnesty International and Aiken Peace, will present a non-partisan lecture on the Palestinian-Israel issue, 5 p.m. in Hardin Hall auditorium. Contact Ty at 928-210-8511 for more information.
- March 5: Acerbic political humorist and pundit Lewis Black brings his decidedly NOT G-rated "In God We Rust" tour to Littlejohn Coliseum. Doors open at 7 p.m. For mature audiences only. Sponsored by Tiger Paw Productions. Tickets available through http://Ticketmaster.com, 864-233-2525. Tix are $32 on the floor and $22 in the bowl.
- April 13: Brad Brownell of Wright State has been named head men's basketball coach after Oliver Purnell's sudden resignation.
- April 16: Clemson University’s Redfern Health Center is hosting the 6th Annual Take Back the Night 5K Awareness Run/ Walk on April 16th. This race is an international recognition of relationship violence. We will come together to raise awareness about the sexual, physical and emotional violence people endure every day.
- The race will take place April 16th, 2010 at 7 p.m. at Clemson University. There will be prizes awarded to those with the fastest times. Following the race there will be snacks and water as well. I would greatly appreciate it if you would bring up the idea of your club or organization participating in this great awareness event in your meetings, or even allow me to come give a short speech to inform your members at one of the meetings.
- I have attached the registration form as well as our marketing poster. For more information regarding registration and the even please feel free to visit our website at: http://www.clemson.edu/studentaffairs/redfern/healthpromotion/heathy_campus/TBTN.php. You can also register online at http://strictlyrunning.com. Also, feel free to email me with any questions you may have. We ask you to please join us as we Take Back the Night as many Clemson organizations and clubs have done in the past. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.
- Erin Lambert
- Health Promotion Intern