John H. Butler
Dr. John Harrison Butler came to Clemson in 1960 as Director of Bands, later becoming Head of the Music Department and interim Dean of the College of Liberal Arts. He remained on the faculty at Clemson until his retirement in 1987. He directed the Tiger Band from 1960 to 1966. He was a classmate of Bruce F. Cook's at West Texas State College (now West Texas A&M University), where he received his baccalaureate degree. His Master's and Doctoral degrees are from the University of Georgia.
Now retired from the faculty, he allows that what he misses most is directing. Dr. Butler can be found clerking at McClure's Bookstore on McCollum Street on Sundays.
- Biographical material from Volume one of Pass in Review, 1959-1979, a video history of Tiger Band performances, CUTBA.
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,187th article.