May 2 in Clemson History
- 1888: The first meeting of the Life Trustees named in the will of Thomas Green Clemson is held under the (now-gone) oak tree on the estate at Fort Hill. A bronze tablet on a native boulder marks the spot and records minutes from that gathering. (Cook, Harriet Heffner, "John C. Calhoun - the Man", The R.L. Bryan Co., Columbia, S.C., 1965, Library of Congress Card No. 65-19779, page 11.)
- 1977: Lambda Theta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority is colonized on the Clemson campus.
|May 1||May||May 3|