Jump to navigation Jump to search
November 23 in Clemson History
- 1918: The Tigers crush Furman on Riggs Field, 67-7.
- 1929: Clemson hosts the Citadel, wins, 13-0.
- 1940: The Tigers defeat the Furman Purple Hurricane, 13-7, in Sirrine Stadium in Greenville to wrap 6-2-1 season, 4-0 in Southern Conference, for first place.
- 1946: Clemson beats the Auburn Tigers, 21-13, in a game played in the Cramton Bowl (stadium name, NOT a bowl game) in Montgomery, Alabama, for a season record of 4-5, 2-3 in league play, for eleventh place in the Southern Conference.
- 1957: Clemson hosts Wake Forest, wins, 13-6. The Demon Deacons will go 0-10.
- 1974: Clemson beats South Carolina Gamecocks in Death Valley, 39-21, to complete unbeaten home season. The Clemson Players present Henrik Ibsen's play "Ghosts" in Daniel Auditorium.
- 1985: Clemson defeats South Carolina, 24-17, and accepts a bid to the Independence Bowl.
- 2002: Clemson beats University of South Carolina, 27-20, at Clemson, S.C.
- 2006: Golf team freshman Kyle Stanley wins his first college tournament with a sudden death win over Drew Weaver of Virginia Tech on Thanksgiving Day at the Aloha Purdue Collegiate. Stanley finishes with rounds of 71-67-69 for a three under-par 207 score.
- 2008: The Clemson Wiki Main Page tallies hit 63,000.
|November 22||November||November 24|