South Carolina Highway 93 runs mostly West-East through Clemson. It begins on the north-western corner of Clemson where the original eastward approach of the Old Greenville Highway to the Seneca River Ravenel's Bridge, now submerged (reemerged completely during drought conditions in 2008), was replaced by a more southerly approach, connecting with the end of the northern diversion dike in 1961, crossing Lake Hartwell, and snakes through Clemson University past Bowman Field, and then makes its way north-east over the abandoned railroad right-of-way vacated during the Southern Railway's realigning of the track through Calhoun, South Carolina in 1915-1916 towards the town of Central.
The original main highway between Atlanta, Georgia and Greenville, South Carolina, and originally designated State 13, the two mile section adjacent to the campus was dedicated on June 17, 2002 as Walter T. Cox Boulevard in honor of the president emeritus. It was supplanted as the main artery in the early 1960s by the Highway 123 By-Pass, now Tiger Boulevard. In the 2000s, some business addresses are using Highway 93, others the Old Greenville Highway. The route parallels the former Southern Railway most of the way through the state.
<googlemap lat="34.689827" lon="-82.814169" zoom="14"> </googlemap>