Brackett Hall, completed in 1951, is located next to Hardin Hall, The Carillon Garden, Amphitheater, and across the street from Cox Plaza and Tillman Hall. It's just down the road, a few hundred yards, from Holmes and McCabe residence halls. Sometimes called the "Ology" building, Brackett Hall houses the Sociology, Geology, Psychology, and Political Science departments. DCIT also holds some operations within this building. It has a large number of classrooms as well as three auditorium style classrooms for large lecture classes. On the bottom floor is the Brackett Atrium with an open computer lab and lounge area that is open 24/7. The Brackett computer lab is arguably one of the more popular on campus, and the computers are generally some of the fastest. On many occasions there have been imprompteau LAN parties there, with games like UT2004 being installed off of flash drives.
Brackett Hall is named for Dr. Richard Newman Brackett, Ph.D., an early chemistry professor and department head who also chaired the Y.M.C.A. Advisory Board. Brackett was one of the original faculty in 1891, and survived all other members of Clemson's initial professors, passing away on November 27, 1937.