November 21 in Clemson History
- 1896: The Tigers defeat Wofford in an away game, 16-0, to conclude inaugural season with a 2-1 record and a .666 winning percentage.
- 1903: Clemson defeats Davidson in a road game, 24-0, and leads the series, 3-0.
- 1919: Clemson and Furman tie, 7-7, in Greenville. "It was in the Furman game that the first long-gain Clemson play was recorded, 70 yards from scrimmage by 'Switzer' Allison." ("Clemson Tigers: A History of Clemson Football 1896-1977" by Joe Sherman, The R.L. Bryan Company, Columbia, S.C., Revised edition 1978, Library of Congress card number 76-18584, page 174.)
- 1930: Junior Dance held from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Luke Chaney and his band, from Laurens, and Buford Maxwell and his Carolina Orchestra, of Greenville, meet in a battle of the bands.
- 1974: The Clemson Players present Henrik Ibsen's play "Ghosts" in Daniel Auditorium.
- 1977: The men's cross country team finishes 20th at the NCAA Meet at Washington State University. This is Clemson's first top-20 team in cross country.
- 1982: The football program at Clemson University is placed on probation for a 2-year period to include the 1983 and 1984 seasons. This sanction was enforced on the program by the NCAA Committee on Infractions due to a lengthy history of recruiting violations to gain an athletic advantage that had taken place from 1977 through the Tigers' 1981 National Championship season and into 1982, under the administration of two head coaches, Charlie Pell and Danny Ford.
- 1987: Clemson loses to the Gamecocks in Columbia, 7-20, concluding a 9-2 regular season.
- 2006: Clemson men's basketball hosts Mississippi State in Littlejohn Coliseum at 7 p.m., televised by FSN-S/FSN, ACC Select. Tigers win 69-66. The University of Virginia football team donates $2,565 to the McElrathbey fund. The City of Clemson's angel tree ornaments will be available starting November 21 for selection. You may come by Clemson City Hall, select an ornament and purchase a gift or make a contribution and we will make the purchase for you. The children who attend the Clemson Child Development Center, the Littlejohn Community Center Homework Center, and the HeadStart program have decorated these ornaments. The age, gender of the child, and items they want for Christmas will be listed on the ornament. Please come by and pick up an ornament and be sure to place the ornament on the wrapped item(s) you purchase, for the ornament identifies the child, and place under tree at City Hall no later than December 11, 2006. Thanking you in advance for making Christmas special for these children!
- 2008: Save the Astro III Rally is held Friday, November 21st downtown from 4-8! Be there!
- For more information, see the website: http://savetheastro.org/
- Be sure to sign the petition!
- We have big plans for the Astro! Thanks for helping us out!
|November 20||November||November 22|