- 1955: The first franchise McDonald's opens in Des Plaines, Illinois. And you know what that means? Chain hamburgers on Tiger Boulevard.
- 1959: The cornerstone for the Samuel Broadus Earle Chemical Engineering Building is placed at 4:15 p.m. by a group of "distinguished" individuals representing the Olin Foundation, Clemson administration and faculty. Attendence at the ceremony is estimated at 500. Participating were Dr. Charles L. Horn, president of the Olin Foundation, Inc., and Dr. James O. Wynn, vice president of the Olin Foundation, both of whom were instrumental in the single largest grant ($1,750,000) ever received by Clemson. Chairman of the Clemson Board of Trustees, Robert Muldrow Cooper, presided at the hour-long ceremony, and the ROTC band provided music as the audience assembled. "After the opening invocation by the Rev. M. B. Hudnall of the Clemson Methodist Church and the introduction of trustees by Mr. Cooper, Mr. Frank Jervey gave a detailed list of contents of the sealed box placed within the cornerstone. Items included were copies of the Tiger, The Greenville News, The Anderson Independent and the Alumni News - all of which contained stories of the historical grant, groundbreaking and cornerstone laying ceremonies." (Clyburn, Lee, "Distinguished Group Participates In Earle Hall Cornerstone Laying", The Tiger, Friday 17 April 1959, Volume LII, Number 23, pages 1, 10.)
- 1975: The Clemson Players, in cooperation with the Dionysia Council, present Eugene Ionesco's The Bald Soprano and The Lesson in Daniel Auditorium at 8 p.m., with free admission.
- 2008: The Clemson Players present opening night of Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Brooks Center, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students, $10 for adults.
- April 14-April 18, 2008: la cotidiana, Nancy Rogers Ehlers' MFA Thesis Exhibition, at the Lee Gallery, Department of Art, G-50 Lee Hall. Lunch and Learn on April 16, 1-2 p.m., Artist Reception, April 18, 7-9 p.m. Gallery open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., phone 864-656-0509 for questions, or on the web at www.clemson.edu/caah/leegallery.
|April 14||April||April 16|