Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1975: The Clyde Beatty - Cole Bros. Circus performs on the YMCA field at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. The Clemson Players, in cooperation with the Dionysia Council, present Eugene Ionesco's The Bald Soprano and The Lesson in Daniel Auditorium at 8 p.m., with free admission.
- 1979: James Dickey, author of "Deliverance", speaks in Daniel Auditorium. Student Senate approves controversial resolution giving individual dorms the right to vote to determine their own escort policy. In the fall, Resident Assistants and Dorm Council members in each dormitory will hold a referendum to determine the desire and requirements for an escort policy in each hall.
- 1980: Speakers Bureau presents a lecture by former U.S. Senator Eugene McCarthy in Brackett Hall Auditorium.
- 2007: The world is shocked by the tragic shootings on the Blacksburg campus of Atlantic Coast Conference member Virginia Tech that leave 32 students and faculty dead.
- 2007: The Anderson Independent-Mail, in an article by Doug Staley, reports this date that three attorneys have been asked to defend Jerry Buck Inman, the man accused of killing 20-year-old Clemson University student Tiffany Souers in May 2006.
- Ms. Souers, a civil engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was found dead in her off-campus apartment in Central.
-client relationship with Inman would be an asset to the defense.
- Judge Miller reiterated to the attorneys that a gag order remains in effect.
- It appears the case will not go to trial until early next year based on comments made by attorneys at the hearing.
- 2008: The Clemson Players present Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Brooks Center, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 for students, $10 for adults.
- April 14-April 18, 2008: la cotidiana, Nancy Rogers Ehlers' MFA Thesis Exhibition, at the Lee Gallery, Department of Art, G-50 Lee Hall. Lunch and Learn on April 16, 1-2 p.m., Artist Reception, April 18, 7-9 p.m. Gallery open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., phone 864-656-0509 for questions, or on the web at www.clemson.edu/caah/leegallery.
- The race will take place April 16th, 2010 at 7 p.m. at Clemson University. There will be prizes awarded to those with the fastest times. Following the race there will be snacks and water as well. I would greatly appreciate it if you would bring up the idea of your club or organization participating in this great awareness event in your meetings, or even allow me to come give a short speech to inform your members at one of the meetings.
I have attached the registration form as well as our marketing poster. For more information regarding registration and the even please feel free to visit our website at: http://www.clemson.edu/studentaffairs/redfern/healthpromotion/heathy_campus/TBTN.php. You can also register online at http://strictlyrunning.com. Also, feel free to email me with any questions you may have. We ask you to please join us as we Take Back the Night as many Clemson organizations and clubs have done in the past. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.
- Erin Lambert
- Health Promotion Intern