|Year Constructed||Early 1980s|
Calhoun Courts is apartment-style housing located on campus right across Cherry Road from the Horseshoe and the Highrises. The layout of the apartments consists of a living room, full kitchen with refridgerator and stove, 2 bedrooms that house 2 people in each, and a bathroom shared by the four people in the apartment. The apartments are close to one another, offering the social benefits of having people so close, and the potential problem of noisy neighbors or overly noise-sensitive neighbors.
- The bedroom furniture is provided.
- The living room is unfurnished and may be furnished by the residents.
- Bedrooms and living rooms are carpeted, and draperies may be added.
- The commons area has a large meeting/social room.
- A residential computer lab is located in the commons area.
- The laundry facilities are located on lower level of the commons building.
- Vending machines and an administrative office are also located in the commons building.
- Apartment residents may bring microwave ovens.
- Calhoun Courts has a recreation area complete with volleyball and basketball courts behind the commons building.
- Residents of legal drinking age are allowed to have alcohol.
- Smoking is prohibited in all University Housing.
- Outside lofts (purchased, rented or constructed) are not permitted, as the bed frames provided allow lofting, bunking or raising the bed to a captain's height.
- Four oversized single beds
- Four individual desks and chairs
- Three closets
- Four chests-of-drawers
- One bath with double vanity
- Range and refrigerator
- Garbage disposal
- Four bar stools
- Tack strips
- Air conditioning
- Venetian blinds
- High-speed Internet access
- Basic cable TV service
- Basic telephone service
- Room Description
Calhoun Courts Measurements
- Bed: 36” x 85”
- Desk: 24” x 42” x 52”
- Chest-of-Drawers: 18” x 24” x 40”
- Closet: 26” x 60”
- Bedroom Window: 50” x 62”
- Living Room Window: 50” x 62”