- 1905: Cadet B. L. Allsbrook, from Horry, South Carolina, Clemson Class of 1908, dies this date. (TAPS 1908, page 55.)
- 1928: Clemson opens the fall term with an enrollment of 465 freshmen, the largest incoming class to date. (The Tiger, "35th Session Opens With Largest Enrollment In History Of The College", Wednesday 19 September 1928, Volume XXIV, Number 1, page 1.)
- 1975: Outstanding Clemson athletes, basketball player Skip Wise and baseball All-American Denny Walling accept professional contract offers and depart the university. A cartoon is drawn for the front page of The Tiger by ClemsonWiki contributor Mark Sublette showing the jocks leaving Jervey Athletic Center with currency sifting out of their bags.
- 2006: Clemson maintains its 18th poll position in both the Associated Press and USA Today rankings, released this date, following 54-6 win over Florida Atlantic University on September 2.
- 2009: In the opening game of the 2009 Football Season, kick-off at 6 p.m., the Clemson Tigers defeat the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders in Death Valley, 37-14, in a night game aired on ESPN 360 and CSS networks. Light rain falls on the fourth quarter.
|September 4||September||September 6|