- 1907: The Tigers defeat Gordon Institute, from Barnesville, Georgia, 5-0, on Bowman Field, the first-ever meeting with this opponent. This is also the first Clemson football game played in September.
- 1915: First meeting of Agricultural Society in Palmetto Literary Society Hall at 7:35 p.m. Football practice held. (The Tiger, "Weekly Calendar'", Tuesday 28 September 1915, Volume XI, Number 2, page 2.)
- 1929: In a game played in Charlotte, North Carolina, the Tigers defeat Davidson, 32-14.
- 1974: Clemson defeats Georgia Tech in home opener, 21-17, and goes onto win every home game.
- September 26, 1995-September 30, 1995: The Clemson Players present The Illusion by Tony Kushner in the Bellamy Theatre, Brooks Center for the Performing Arts at 8 p.m with an additional 2:30 p.m. performance on September 30. Admission is $6 for the general public, $4 for youth and senior citizens, and $2 for Clemson students.
- 2006: First concert of the twentieth year of the Chamber Music Series, 8 p.m. at the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts. Free admission. Twins sisters Emily and Julia Bruskin formed the Claremont Trio with Donna Kwong in 1999 at The Juilliard School, where they studied with Robert McDonald and Joseph Kalichstein. After winning the 2001 Young Concert Artists International Auditions, the ensemble made an auspicious New York debut and embarked on an active international career. In 2003, the Claremont Trio became the first recipient of the Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson International Trio Award. Featured frequently on both Japanese and American television and radio, the trio holds the coveted Helen F. Whitaker Chamber Music Chair of Young Concert Artists.
- 2007: Clemson Community Care (CCC) will hold a Volunteer Appreciation lunch party at 11:30 at the CCC Center at 105 Anderson Highway near CVS and the Ramada Inn. Present and potential volunteers are invited to attend. For more information contact Joyce Fishman Klein, Volunteer Media Relations Consultant, at 864-653-4460. Deadline to RSVP as Clemson Corps Scholarship Recipients and Donors are invited by the Clemson Corps Board of Directors and the Commanders of the Army and Air Force ROTC to attend a reception two hours before the football game at the Fike Recreation Center Sun Deck. RSVP by September 28 at the Business and Behavioral Science office, G-01 Sirrine Hall, 864-656-6172, or at GEDWARD@clemson.edu.
- 2007: Clemson vs. Duke Men's Soccer Match on Friday is Solid Orange Event. The Clemson men's soccer team will play host to Duke University on Friday, September 28th, at 8:00 p.m. This match is designated as a Solid Orange event. Tickets for adults are $8, youth are $6 and Clemson Faculty/Staff are $2. Clemson students are free with a valid ID. Tigers go down, 2-4.
- 2008: Clemson drops out of the top 25 in all polls, following loss to the University of Maryland, 17-20.
|September 27||September||September 29|