- In 1886 Mark Bernard Hardin was elected a member of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York (which is now the New York Academy of Sciences), and became corresponding member of the same society in July, 1897. (The Oconeean, Volume Two, 1904, pages 6-7.)
- Henry Simms Hartzog graduates from the South Carolina Military Academy (renamed The Citadel in 1910.)
- June: Thomas Green Clemson, IV, is given an honorary degree from the South Carolina College.
- September: Greenville, South Carolina hires future Clemson College professor William S. Morrison as superintendent of schools.
- November 1: Thomas Green Clemson, signs his will.
This is the Clemson Wiki project's 1,113th article.